1.---What do you want _______ those old boxes ? --- To put things in when I move to the new flat .
A. by B. for C. of D. with
2.Luckily , the bullet narrowly missed the captain ________ an inch .
A. by B. at C. to D. from
3.The train leaves at 6:00pm, so I have to be at the station _______ 5:30 pm.
A. until B. after C. by D. around
4.The little boy was quite alone in the world ________ an aunt in the
A. except for B. except C. besides D. except that
5.________ his great surprise , his shop was robbed ________ computers .
A. To ; of B. For ; of C. From ; with D. To ; with
6.We offered him our congratulations _________ his passing the driving test .
A. at B. for C. of D. on
7. Einstein’s special theory of relativity is quite _______ me .
A. for B. beyond C. to D. against
8. How much did you pay ________ the tickets ________ tonight’s New Year Concert ?
A. for; for B. for ; to C. for ; of D. to ; for
9. He has been caught ________ the rain and is wet ________ skin .
A. by ; to B. in ; to C. in ; through D. with ; in
10. ---How long have you been like this ? ---_______ last Friday .
A. From B. Since C. In D. After
11. Besides being able to walk on for three days without drinking , camels can also live for a long time ________ small quantities of food .
A. with B. on C. by D. without
12. I’m sorry it’s ________ my power to make a final decision on the project .
A. over B. above C. off D. beyond
13. ---Did you lose the match ? ---Yes , we lost the match _______ one goal .
A. by B. at C. with D. only
14. The study you have been making _____the living things in the ocean is an instructive job .
A. to B. for C. of D. from
15. I felt it rather difficult to take a stand ________ the opinion of the majority .
A. to B. by C. in D. against
16. ---Your daughter is tall enough ________ her age. ---Yes. I was much ________ when I was her age.
A. for ; taller B. at ; taller C. at ; shorter D. for ; shorter
17.---When will the game begin ? ---It will begin later than usual _______ ten minutes .
A. in B. on C. by D. at
18.---Is your grandma still with you ? --- No . She still prefers to live in the countryside _________ all its disadvantages .
A. for B. except C. with D. to
19.Let’s keep in touch . You can reach me ________ this number .
A. at B. on C. from D. in
20.---Miss Li , Jack is ill , so he can’t come to school . ---Then we’ll begin our class _________ him .
A. except for B. apart from C. except D. without
21.---It’s so noisy upstairs .Peter , better go and see what they have been up ________. ---OK .
A. to B. in C. with D. for
22.---What’s your favorite sport? ---Jogging . I run _________ the river every morning .
A. around B. on C. along D. in
23._________ running , learning English needs will .
A. As with B. As to C. As for D. As if
24.________ left before the deadline , it doesn’t seem likely that he will finish the job .
A. Though such a short time B. Because such a short time C. With such a short time D. As such a short time
25.He reminded me _______ the time _______ the meeting .
A. at ; at B . of; of C. in ; in D. at ; in
26.The sun will rise ________ about a quarter of an hour .
A. on B. in C. after D. at
27.Liu Xiang’s parents were overjoyed and burst ______ tears _______ the news of their son’s victory in the Olympic Games .
A. into ; at B. out ; for C. forth ; on D. to ; after
28.Hellen used to be a shy girl , but she has grown _______ it now.
A. without B. over C. away D. out of
29.This is the Audi car __________ she came here .
A. by which B. by that C. in which D. with which
30. My house is ________ a stone’s throw from school , so I often go to school _______ foot .
A. within ; on B. to ; by C. on ; on D. of ; with
31. We went on a picnic ________ the heavy rain .
A. although B. in spite of C. because of D. for
32. ---Can I borrow some money from you ?
--- You’re already in debt _________ me for sixty dollars .
A. to B. for C. from D. by
33.His best -known work that is _______ all praise can be seen in the museum.
A. without B. beyond C. with D. within
34.He likes his coffee with sugar ; I like mine ________.
A. not B. of no C. none D. without
35. Without a thorough grasp ____ biology , a student cannot hope to study medicine .
A. in B. for C. of D. with
36.We decided to climb the mountain , but _______ second thought realized that it was too dangerous .
A. after B. on C. in D. at
37._________ success I don’t mean what is usually thought of when that word is used .
A. In B. By C. With D. For
38.Mr. Smith apologized _________ the children ________ the lady ________ what they had done .
A. for ; to ; to B. for ; to ; for C. to ; to ; for D. to ; for ; for
39.We live _______ a small river that flows ________ the Thames .
A. in ; into B. on ; into C. at ; onto D. in; onto
40.________ curiosity , I went to the customer service counter and asked why .
A. Beyond B. Besides C. Apart from D. Out of
41. Mr. Johnson goes to work very early in the morning and goes on working until late in the afternoon _________ a break at midday .
A. with B. for C. as D. through
42.The manned spacecraft “Shenhou V”,________ China greets the 21st century , marks new progress in the century’s space program.
A. for which B. from which C. in which D. with which
43. He might have been killed ________ the arrival of the police .
A. except for B. apart from C. but for D. in spite of
44. Isn’t _________ rude ______ him to talk to his mother like that ?
A. that ; for B. that ; of C. it ; for D. it ; of
45.Theory is based on practice and ______ turn serves practice .
A. on B. in C. by D. at
介词：1--5 DACAA 6--10 DBABB 11--15 BDACD 16--20 DCCAD
21--25 ACACB 26--30 BADCA 31--35 BABDC 36--40 BBBBD